Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Hunting Party

October 2008

Erik and Austen had a successful hunting trip this year with friends Jason Madsen, Brad Rosewood and sons Bronson and Baxter. Early in the hunt Bronson dropped the hammer on this very nice and near record book Antelope buck. A few days later, and after some hard hunting Jason and Baxter put the sneak on these two nice Bull Elk. However the hunt nearly became a disaster when the party was attacked by this ravenous badger. Austen saved the group with some slick hand to hand moves and dispatched the badger to the promised land. Erik and Brad will be going back out before the hunt ends to continue looking for the wall hangers thier in search of. To be continued....


Bronson and Brad

Brad, Baxter, Erik and Austen

The Killer a.k.a. Jason

Mighty Austen

Erik

6 comments:

Leslie said...

What great pictures! I'm impressed that the pictures even got taken!

JULENE said...

I love this post....It makes me smile to see Erik (Wynn) out doing something he loves with his boy.

Leslie said...

The photos of those creatures are impressive! I liked the elk and antelope too. I'd love to see a picture of the badger!

Shelli said...

The badger is hilarious. That was a nice rack on the one Baxter? got. wow.

Leslie said...

ok, now I found the badger. I didn't recognize it because I've never seen one before. Very cool.

The Happening Hills said...

Hey I heard that you were thinking about coming down here for Thanksgiving while to boys go out and hunt.... I think that you should, we would have a great time! You can stay at our house with the girls. Miss you!!! Tell everyone hi for me!