Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Overcoming Addictions

One month ago today I quit drinking diet coke. I KNOW - - crazy huh!!! Those of you who know me and know me well, know that I had the stuff running through my veins. I had about 90 ounces a day. My sweet friend Leslie H. told me about two years ago that she had read some articles about vertigo and aspartame being linked. She patiently and lovingly kept reminding me of this about every other month or so. Anyway, it started getting really bad again about six months ago. So, I decided to stop drinking it and see what happens. Guess what, my vertigo is gone - - I can lay down and not get dizzy! I won't say it was easy but it was worth it and I am drinking a ton more water (80-100 ounces a day). Leslie, thank you for caring enough and loving me enough to nag me into submission.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm so proud of you! Now you'll have to drink root beer with me at the movies...oh darn!

Theresa said...

Wow! Great job! Although Alfred Hitchcock loved Vertigo! ha ha I'm with Leslie, though. Root beer rocks!

Leslie said...

No problem, I'm happy to nag when the situation calls for it....just ask Ira. Congrats Kristy and keep up the good work. When someone offers you Coke, just say NO!

curlsnpearls said...

Kristi,
Wow; everyone is overcoming some amazing things lately. I am glad to know that you are feeling better. Vertigo is really only memorable when you can claim some great adventure attached to it. (Cruisin') Have a great week!

Shelli said...

Way to go Kristie, healthy girl!

Tami said...

Yea! Nice work. I am impressed! I am glad that it has helped with your vertigo!

John doe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.