Monday, October 6, 2008

The Love of a Family

So last night I am sitting on the couch watching a movie and snuggling with my daughters. Riley whispers in my ear "I wonder what it will feel like when I am a mom and I'm holding my little girl in my arms?" I told her that it is the best feeling in the world and she then tells me that " it is the best feeling in the world to have a family who love each other and take care of each other." I love how Riley takes little moments like that and makes me realize how very blessed I am.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard!

Shelly Yorgesen said...

oh man that is a keeper, I bet you are grateful you took the time to sit with her. Nice job, tell her she tickled my heart. Brooke loves your blog.

Anonymous said...

Those are tender moments we must cherish. That is so amazing she is so in tune and can express her love like that!!

Leslie said...

Little Riley has always been wise beyond her young years. I am always impressed with how deep and insightful she is. Give her a hug from me!!

Shelli said...

What a sweet moment. You've also inspired me to rent The Notebook! :)

Alysia Cook said...

Riley is very cute and her comment made me smile!!!!

Tami said...

That is the so sweet! Riley is such a cute girl. How adorable! I had fun seeing her at the school today. She always acts so excited to see me (makes up for Benson mumbling, "hey Mom,") What a cute girl!